Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Incomplete projects

I took Amanda to sewing class today. She is working on a dress for one of her younger sisters. The teacher's mother wasn't much of a sewer. Her grandmother and aunts did a lot of sewing but her mother enjoyed cleaning and keeping a neat home which was hard to do when living amidst tables of incomplete sewing projects. She told her daughter (the teacher) that if she started a project then she better make the time to finish it. The same admonition was passed onto my daughter today by the teacher.

So it got me thinking... relating this to our responsibility theme...
HOW MANY PROJECTS DO I HAVE SITTING AROUND WAITING FOR ME TO FINISH?

Current projects that I have started and then pushed off to a later time:
  • Scrapbooking (get pictures and supplies in order so I can put albums together)
  • Quilt for my bed
  • Quilt for my two oldest sons for graduation gifts (one late and one due by next June)
What are the biggest obstacles keeping me from finishing a task?
  • lack of orderliness (I can't work on a project when I have other jobs that have to be done)
  • laziness
  • distractions
  • out of site out of mind
  • lack of perseverance and then losing interest

Goals:
  • ORDERLINESS: I need to find a place for everything in the house so it is easier to keep things picked up which will allow me to feel the freedom to work on these extra activities
  • SCHEDULING: set aside a specific time in my schedule for these special projects. Purpose to spend my time more wisely.

No comments: