Thursday, January 24, 2008

Book Nook

I LOVE old out of print books. The kind that the library sees no value in keeping and discards because they need to make room for the latest "Goosebumps" books or some other mindless twitter.

About 10 years ago my mother jumped in and began collecting with me. She never does anything halfheartedly and now we are the proud (and slightly insane) owners of a few thousand books. What.. did I hear you shriek? I know.. it was an addiction but the idea of those beautiful books going to the dump was more than I could bare.


Today I pulled out a box of duplicates that I have for sale in hopes of listing them through ebay or some email groups. Not only do I hope to bring in some much needed income but also to bless others with these treasures. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to list them since I can't upload photos. It is amazing that these 10cent treasures can fetch $10, $20 or even into the hundreds of dollars. It is a great way to bring in some cash.


In the future I'll share pics and posts of our favorite titles, authors, and series and give you a peek at the bookshelves that line our rooms.

No comments: